These spot improvements were identified by Bike Calgary volunteers, and are displayed in this map.
You all ride your routes, how would you improve those little things to make your trip by bike better? Remember routes to shopping, your children’s school, and other non-work trips that you make.
Think in terms of all cyclists; for example you may be confident, but what about riding with your eight year old niece/nephew?
Let us know what and where the problem is, and we will work to make it better. Is it a missing few blocks to get safely to some already great infrastructure? Maybe just a pavement issue along the route. Whatever the concern, we will add it to our list!
Fill out your missed connection on the linked form today!
How will this info help BikeCalgary fix your issue?
BikeCalgary coordinates with community associations, city councillor ward offices, and with City of Calgary administration through the cycling committee to prioritize all ages and abilities (AAA) cycling infrastructure ‘missing links’ in the region, information exchange, and other active transportation initiatives. BikeCalgary tracks and ranks missed connections to provide feedback from the cycling community to the City of Calgary. It helps to get your issues addressed with the influence of a larger group versus solely as an individual. We also facilitate and make the process of providing input easier.
How else can you make Calgary better for cycling?
- Submit a 3-1-1 request directly to the City of Calgary. You can use the snip tool on your computer and google maps to create an image (make sure you save as a jpeg not a png). Then use paint to highlight issues in the image and add text.
- Contact your ward councillor’s office with your concern.
- Contact your community association with your concern.
- Contact your provincial MLA and encourage them to integrate active transportation solutions into government activities as have Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, and British Columbia.
- Contact your federal MP and encourage them to support a National Cycling Strategy.
- Join BikeCalgary to add your voice to ours.
- Donate to BikeCalgary to help us improve cycling conditions for all Calgarians.
- Volunteer with BikeCalgary on committees, task forces, or at events.
- Start conversations about cycling, advocate for a corporate lunch n’ learn, or post an infographic on your bulletin board.
- Come out to events like #coffeeoutside or cyclepalooza and meet like-minded people.